There is such a variety of sippy cups on the market that it makes it very overwhelming when you have to choose just one. All the labels state that their cups are completely spill-proof. My questions is, why do they advertise "spill-proof" when their cups are far from being spill-proof? I've tried a variety of brands and all the cups have leaked badly. Not just a couple drops here and there, but actual paddles. I read some good reviews on the internet about Tommee Tippee's Explora series and was very curious to try these out.
My little guy is 21 months old and I wasn't sure whether I should stick to what he knows (the 18m+ cups with straws) or go for something more advanced (24m+ cups). I decided on the Explora - Ttruly Spill Proof Drink Cups for 24m+. They come in a set of 2 which retails for only $7.99. I love having spares as my little guy always hides/looses the cups in the house and it takes me days to find them! (Actually as I'm writing this, he's hidden a cup somewhere already and I haven't been able to find it for days. I have a pretty small condo. Where should I look?).
I really like the design of the Explora cups. They've got a soft top for drinking and there is a minimum amount of plastic/silicone in the drinking system under the lid, which is great, because milk and juice always stain the silicone part and make it stink. The drinking spout looks similar to adult coffee cups. Just a little hole for dispensing liquids. My little guy was really excited about his new cups. I gave him some water and to my surprise he drank half a bottle on the spot. He had no trouble adjusting to the new drinking system. And I was delighted to see that no extra drops were coming out so far. He's actually been so excited about the new cups that for a month now, he's been bringing it to bed with him and drinking water before going to sleep. Isn't that cute? Like I mentioned, we've had a whole month to test these out. So far, I've had no paddles or any kind of leakage from the cups. They've been dropped on hardwood and tiled floors and the plastic did not break or crack.
One impressed baby and a very impressed mommy. If you are looking for sippy cups, head over to Tommee Tippee and check out the variety of cups they have ranging from 6 to 24 months. All cups are BPA free and microwave & dishwasher safe. Besides drinkware, they also carry tableware, bibs, pacifiers & bottle feeding supplies.
One lucky winner will receive a Tommee Tippee Explora drinking cups set of their choice.
How to enter:
- Leave your e-mail address in every comment or make it visible in Blogger
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- For Facebook entries leave your first name and initial; for Twitter entries leave your Twitter name
- visit Tommee Tippee and tell me which cups you would choose if you won.
- follow My Secret Home publicly via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via e-mail & confirm (2 entries)
- subscribe via RSS reader
- add me as a friend on Facebook
- like My Secret Home on Facebook
- like Tommee Tippee on Facebook
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter
- follow Tommee Tippee on Twitter
- tweet (1 time per day) - #Win a Tommee Tippee Explora drinking cup set of your choice | US&CAN Ends 3/17 #Giveaway @mysecrethome http://bit.ly/hfag9u (leave direct link)
- grab my button & tell me where I can find it
This giveaway is open to residents of USA & CANADA and will end on March 17, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be determined randomly via random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion. I am in no way responsible for shipping of the prize.