Bamboobino is a mom-owned Vancouver, BC (yay!) based company. Sharon, the owner, has been using bamboo products in her household for years and wanted to share this wonderful fabric with the rest of us. Bamboobino's products are actually made with USDA-certified organic bamboo, which makes it that much better!
Bamboobino product line is best suited for very little ones and nursing mothers. From bamboo crib sheets to no-scratch mittens and baby washcloths, they have everything babies need in the first year and after.
I personally only recently discovered that clothes can be made out of bamboo and it actually makes for a very thick and soft material. I have a couple of bamboo receiving blankets in my collection and I've used them way more than the cotton ones. Because of their softness, I used them to make the crib softer and more comfortable for my little guy when he was just a tiny baby.
For my review, I received a blue pocket bib. These bamboo bibs come in three colors and are absorbent and reversible. This bib is fairly big in size, it's definitely a bib for feeding, not just drooling :) It's very soft and has a towel-like feel/texture to it. Front has a pocket/crumb-catcher at the bottom. Back has a cute Bamboonino logo. What I love about this bib is that it closes with a button not a Velcro strip. I rarely use bibs these days, because it takes the little guy a second to rip them off. This one will stay on for good. It fits comfortably and covers the chest and the tummy well.
The pocket bib retails for $18 which is a bit more expensive than I would usually pay for a bib. But I realize that I would be paying for organic bamboo material and not a mass-produced item, but an item in which the creator has put a lot of love. Bamboo material actually lasts longer than cotton thus it doesn't have to be replaced as often.
Bib came with a tag which taught me some information about why bamboo is good. I found it very interesting and decided to share it so you can learn too.
Why Choose Bamboo?
- It's more absorbent than cotton
- It's hypoallergenic - great for sensitive skin
- Its cashmere-like softness is great for babies
- It comfortably wicks moisture away from skin
- It's easy to care for - just machine wash and tumble dry
- The bamboo plant is a highly renewable resource that grows without pesticides or fertilizers
- Bamboo is a grass that possesses a property called "bamboo kun" which is naturally anti-bacterial
Shipping to Canada is $9.95 and if you are shopping from US, you can use their US website.
One lucky winner will receive a pocket bib of their choice (RV $18)
How to enter:
- Leave your e-mail address in every comment or make it visible in Blogger
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- For Facebook entries leave your first name and initial; for Twitter entries leave your Twitter name
- visit Bamboobino and tell me another product you like there (by name & besides what I've reviewed)
- follow My Secret Home publicly via Google Friend Connect
- follow Bamboobino blog publicly via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via e-mail & confirm (2 entries)
- subscribe via RSS reader
- add me as a friend on Facebook
- like My Secret Home on Facebook
- like Bamboobino on Facebook
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter
- follow Bamboobino on Twitter
- tweet (1 time per day) - #Win a Bamboobino Pocket Bib | US&CAN Ends 3/24 #Giveaway @mysecrethome http://bit.ly/gKIEIg (leave direct link)
- grab my button & tell me where I can find it
This giveaway is open to residents of USA & CANADA and will end on March 24, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be determined randomly via random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion. I am in no way responsible for shipping of the prize.