Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Community Coffee Review


Coffee for me is an essential part of every morning. I can't function unless I have a cup. I wouldn't consider myself an addict, but a true enjoy-er of flavors. 

I have to admit, living in Canada, I knew nothing about Mardi Gras. Before starting this review, I went on Wikipedia to find out what this celebration is all about. I learned that "Mardi Gras" is French for "Fat Tuesday", referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season. Popular practices included wearing masks and costumes, overturning social conventions, dancing, sports competitions, parades, etc.Some cities famous for Mardi Gras celebrations include Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, Sydney in Australia, Quebec City, Quebec in Canada; Mazatlán, Sinaloa in Mexico; and New Orleans, Louisiana in the United States. I only knew about the New Orleans!

What does coffee have to do with Mardi Gras? Well, in today's review, these two have everything to do with each other.

Review
As I have just mentioned, I love coffee. I love all kinds of coffee. I was excited when I found out that I'm getting a Mardi Gras Gift Set from Community Coffee. This company is now the largest family owned company in the States. They started out 90 years ago in Baton Rouge with just a small shop.The flavors of their coffees reflect the extraordinary culinary traditions of Louisiana. Today, Community coffee is served in the best New Orleans restaurants and is shared in homes across the South. Sounds very promising!

Mardi Gras Gift Set consists of a 16 oz. travel tumbler, 12 oz. Carnivale Cake ground coffee and beads. This package looks nice and retails for only $12.95. Carnivale Cake coffee is a medium roasted, Central American flavored coffee with a perfectly balanced blend of vanilla and cinnamon. I enjoy flavored coffee and my favorite has always been French Vanilla flavor. This coffee reminded me of French Vanilla, but the hint of cinnamon made it more unique. This blend is not sour or acidic, in fact it's very balanced. I like it both with milk/cream or plain. 

Community Coffee also sells special King Cakes for the Mardi Gras celebration. They offer them in Traditional, Cream Cheese and Cajun Praline flavors. The base is a Danish pastry laced with cinnamon and iced with Mardi Gras colors. These are supposed to feed 12 people. I can only imagine how big they are.

And for tea lovers, they have a variety of teas.

Connect with Community Coffee via Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.

3 comments:

barbara.montyj said...

I've had different flavors of Community Coffee & loved them all.
Especially the Holiday Bread Pudding!

Jen M said...

Never had bread pudding coffee. Sounds so unique!

Anonymous said...

I could not resist commenting. Perfectly written!

Here is my blog What is Green Coffee

Post a Comment