I've always been a skin care junkie, but only discovered bath products a couple years ago. I've always liked bubble bath, but had no idea what was the point of bath salts and bath bombs. When I first tried them, I instantly became addicted! There is nothing more relaxing than soaking in a bath filled with skin softening and moisturizing ingredients and pleasings scents. It's actually hard to find good bath products. They are either filled with chemicals or are priced ridiculously high. Now I have an opportunity to introduce you to the Best Bath Store which specializes in 100% natural and cruelty-free bath products.
For my review I received Gingerbread Bath Salts, Rose Bath Bomb and a Holiday Soap Gift Set. I don't think I could have gotten a better package! My first impression of the products was great. They are neatly packaged and are all in very generous sizes. I took some time to test all of the products and here's what I think!
Gingerbread Bath Salts come in a 16oz plastic jar. It says on the package to only use 3tbps which is a very small amount in relation to the jar size. The ingredient list is short and simple - dead sea salt, sea salt, epsom salt, dendritic salt, essential oil blend and strawberry extract. I am not a big fan of the smell. It smelled to me more like a blend of mint, sugar and medicine. Myself, I would probably choose something like Lavender or Citrus. But this didn't stop me from pouring some in the tub. I tried pouring in 3tbsps at first and didn't feel any difference in the water. So I dumped in a whole lot more. Whatever little cuts I had started to hurt a little, so I knew that my bath was filled with salt. I strongly advise you to follow the instructions and these salts will last you a long time. I only wish that the scent was a bit stronger in the water.
Rose Bath Bomb on the other hand smells heavenly! I smell more lychee than rose, but I love lychee scent. The bath bomb is packaged in a plastic wrap and comes in a plastic box. It is a generous 9oz size and has a simple ingredient list - baking soda, citric acid, shea butter, castor oil, dead sea salts, dry red rose petals and essential oil blend. No chemicals or anything I don't understand! And I learned on their website that the dry rose petals contain carotene, and vitamin C, B and K and are extremely effective in killing bacteria on the skin. Sounds great! Now it's time to fill up a nice warm bath. I should have followed the instructions and put the bath bomb in a nylon. My tub was filled with rose petals. Although, I'm pretty used to having weird stuff in the tub as all products I use are natural and usually consist of solid herbal-type ingredients. My bath smelled great! I left the wrapper in my bathroom and the scent has lasted for a couple days now. I also loved the way my skin felt after the bath bomb bath. It was a bit oily, meaning naturally moisturized and also smelled great.
Holiday Soap Gift Set consists of Peppermint, Holiday Spice and Evergreen handmade natural soaps. My favorite is the Evergreen Body Bar, it smells like forest, trees and rosemary. I've been using the Evergreen soap for a couple days now and I love it! It smells nice and has exfoliating sand-types particles in it. All soaps are 3.5oz and come wrapped in little baggies. I like gift sets, as they make gift giving easy. Whenever I get a set like this, I like to keep one item myself and give the rest as presents. You will also (usually) save money when buying gift sets.
Interesting Best Bath Store Facts
- Best Bath Store is a small, five-employee business located in Woburn, MA.
- Best Bath Store operates cruelty free! (Not tested on animals)
- Best Bath Store products are made with 100% natural ingredients.
- All products are hand packaged, labeled and sealed.
- Product containers are made from recycled raw ingredients.
- In packaging they use biodegradable corn starch packing peanuts, recyclable plastic bubble wrap, and recyclable cardboard boxes.
- A full ingredient list is available with quick descriptions of what each one does.
- Best Bath Store offers various products such as bath salts ($9.95), bath bombs ($5.95), handmade soaps ($4.95) lip balms ($3.95) and many more!
- Try before you buy! You can order up to 5 FREE samples and just pay a small shipping fee.
One lucky winner will get to choose $20 worth of products of their choice from the Best Bath Store (tax and shipping will be covered by the sponsor)
How to enter:
- Leave your e-mail address in every comment or make it visible in Blogger
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- For Facebook entries leave your first name and initial; for Twitter entries leave your Twitter name
- visit Best Bath Store and let me know one or more products you would choose if you won (by name)
- follow My Secret Home publicly via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via e-mail & confirm (2 entries)
- subscribe via RSS reader
- add me as a friend on Facebook
- like My Secret Home on Facebook
- like Best Bath Store on Facebook
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter
- follow Best Bath Store on Twitter
- tweet (1 time per day) -#Giveaway @mysecrethome & @bestbathstore - Win $20 worth of bath products of your choice! - US&CAN Ends 1/31 http://bit.ly/fxlCza (leave direct link)
- grab my button & tell me where I can find it (2 entries)
- blog about this giveaway (2 entries)
- review My Secret Home on Alexa (3 entries) [limited time bonus entry]
This giveaway is open to residents of USA & CANADA and will end on January 31, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be determined randomly via random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion. I am in no way responsible for shipping of the prize.