I LOVE LOVE skin care products! I love testing new products and sharing my thoughts (and products) with friends and family. A while ago, I switched to chemical-free products. Chemicals such as paraben have been found to cause cancer and I am not gonna take my chances just to save a couple bucks on mainstream products full of chemicals. I've tried a variety of natural products and all have worked great for me.
I have never actually tried a body scrub before. I had a body wash with exfoliating beads and it hurt my skin so I stopped using it. Scrubz sent me a natural body scrub in Citrus Burst (I chose the scent). It came with a little plastic spoon which is a great idea! I never stick my fingers in jars of cream, because I don't want any bacteria on my product. This way it will last longer and stay fresher. I usually buy the cheapest q-tips and toss them out after application. Now that I have this little spoon, I'll definitely keep it to reuse for other creams even after the scrub runs out. Going back to the body scrub, I did not like the way it smelled initially. I thought it would smell like oranges, but it smelled more like sweet sugar.
Before using the scrub, I applied a bit of it to the inside of my arm. I have a sensitive skin that reacts to flowery scents. There are no flowers in Scrubz, but it never hurts to check! Satisfied that my skin didn't react in any way, I read the directions on the jar and jumped in the shower. I used the plastic spoon to scoop about 1/4 of a jar into my palm and applied it to my body. The scrub felt like sugar (natural sucrose is the main ingredient) and didn't hurt the skin at all. At the same time it had an oily consistency and after the sugars got rinsed off, my skin was left with a light layer of oil. Since this scrub can be used as a shaving cream substitute I thought I'd put it to a teast as well. You are supposed to use the oil coating on the skin to shave. This didn't work well for me as I couldn't get the razor (and I have a nice razor) to glide properly because the skin was so oily. The positive is that I didn't get any irritation after shaving. After I towel dried my skin, it felt amazingly soft. It stayed lightly oiled and had a subtle citrusy scent.
Interesting Scrubz Facts
- Scrubz has igredients that we can actually understand! They are Canola Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Jojoba Oil, Coconut-Supreme Oil, Soybean Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Natural Sucrose and Essential & Fragrance Oils.
- Scrubz are definitely paraben (and other bad chemicals) free.
- Scrubz is a 4 in 1 product that can be used as a facial scrub, body scrub, shave prep and a natural moisturizer.
- 4oz jar is good for 2-4 applications and retails for $10
One lucky winner will receive a Scrubz Body Scrub in their choice of scent ($10 value)
How to enter:
- Please be aware before entering - All entrants into this giveaway will have their email information submitted to the sponsor
- Leave your e-mail address in every comment or make it visible in Blogger
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- visit Scrubz and let me know what you would like to try (by name)
- follow my blog publicly via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via RSS reader
- subscribe via e-mail
- add me as a friend on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- like My Secret Home on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- like Scrubz on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter (leave your twitter name)
- follow Scrubz on Twitter (leave your twitter name)
- tweet (1 time per day) - #Giveaway - Scrubz Body Scrub US&CAN Ends 12/16 http://bit.ly/fWdMcB (leave direct link)- grab my button (tell me where I can find it)
- grab my Gift Guide button (tell me where I can find it)
This giveaway is open to residents of USA & CANADA and will end on December 16, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be determined randomly via random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion. I am in no way responsible for shipping of the prize.