Thursday, December 23, 2010

Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas

If you just realized that Christmas is tomorrow and you don't have a gift, here are some tips!

Gift Baskets
I LOVE making gift baskets. If you make your own, you won't spend nearly as much as you would for a prepackaged one. The ones stores sell usually aren't good anyways (with the exception of GourmetGiftBaskets.com). All you need to do is go to the nearest dollar store and get a clear wrapping paper roll (one roll is good for a big basket or 2 small ones) and a small basket or plastic tray.
Hit the store and look for a couple of prepackaged gift items. They are most likely on sale right now! By prepackaged I mean packs of 5 different hot chocolates or chocolate bars or anything else that looks good. Separate them and voila - you got a couple gift sets each containing different items.Of course you can buy items separately, but I advise doing that in advance, not last minute.
You will make someone very happy by giving them a gift basket. You will show that you actually put some thought and time into their gift. 
It's very easy to wrap one up. I had no skills and somehow my baskets turned out pretty nice! Look below for a photo.

Gift Cards
I keep reading over and over again that gift cards are horrible presents. Am I the only one who doesn't think so? I love gift cards!!! Just make sure that the person you are giving it to actually likes that store or goes to that restaurant. You are always safe with Starbucks, Tim Hortons or big chain grocery stores.

Here is what I gave my girlfriends last year. Each basket only cost me $10!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!

Post a Comment