After my son was born I stopped using perfumes. I didn't want him to breathe in many of the harmful chemicals which all of our favorite expensive perfumes contain. But I love to smell good, who doesn't? :) Just like with all of our other everyday items, there are now safe alternatives to perfumes.
I was interested in trying out solid perfumes from The Cream Perfume Company. They sent me their solid perfumes in Mango Poudre and Ylang Ylang D'Amore scents as well as the Coconut Body Moisturizer. I couldn't wait to test these out!
The Coconut Body Moisturizer comes in a big 6oz tube. What I loved right away is that the tube was sealed! It guarantees freshness, because no one else has opened it before. I love everything coconut and this body moisturizer didn't let me down. It smells heavenly in the tube and after you apply it to the skin. This moisturizer does the job and leaves skin nice and soft.
The solid perfumes come in little wooden 10g jars - they are too cute for words! The jars are also sealed to prevent contents from drying out. The consistency reminded me of a lip balm. When I looked up the ingredients I found that 17% was beeswax, 63% sweet almond oil and 20% perfume.
Ylang Ylang d'amore consists of scents of ylang ylang, mandarin and jasmine. It is trailed by notes of apricot, cedarwood, orange flower, patchouli and musk.
Mango poudre consists of scents of mango and cassis balanced with timeless jasmin and candy sugar accord. Also trailed by with sandalwood, musk and vanilla. Out of the two perfumes this one is my favorite. I apply it to my wrists and it gives off a sweet subtle scent. It doesn't feel like a perfume. It feels like I have a nice smelling body lotion on. The scent lasts for a couple hours. It's easy to bring it along with you and keep re-applying. The jar is very tiny and made of wood as opposed to a heavy glass perfume bottle which is hard to bring along.
Interesting The Cream Perfume Company Facts
- Based in Monarch Beach, CA
- These perfumes are free of - parabens, phthalates, sulfates, petro-chemicals, silicones, synthetic dyes, triclosan, GMO, PPG, MEA, DEA, TEA or formaldehyde donors.
- They are also cruelty free, 100% vegan and are wheat gluten and glycol free.
- The lotions prevent signs of aging with improved tonicity, elasticity and a desirable plumping effect as well as combat dehydrated, sore, inflamed and damaged skin..
- The lotions layer well with the solid perfumes.
- The Cream Perfume Company eliminates bulk of ethanol and water and uses significantly less expensive, alternative and eco-friendly container materials such as wood.
- They incorporate natural carriers like beeswax and sweet almond oil as was the original practice in perfumery for many thousands of years.
- Solid perfumes represent unusual, simple and elegant delivery of world-class French perfumes to market as longer-lasting, lightly moisturizing creams at a great price.
- The Cream Perfume Company is a proud member of the Natural Products Association and always contributes a minimum of 10% of their profits to families in need.
- Body moisturizes come in coconut, lavender and rose and retail for $12.
- Solid perfumes are available in 11 scents (5 of which are organic) and start at $12.
- Shipping is FREE to both US and Canada!
One lucky winner will receive one product of their choice from The Cream Perfume Company ($12 value)
How to enter:
- Leave your e-mail address in every comment or make it visible in Blogger
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- visit The Cream Perfume Company and let me know what you would like to try (by name)
- follow my blog publicly via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via RSS reader
- subscribe via e-mail
- add me as a friend on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- like My Secret Home on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter (leave your twitter name)
- tweet (1 time per day) - #Giveaway - The Cream Perfume Company - item of your choice! US&CAN Ends 12/19 http://bit.ly/eookev (leave direct link)
- grab my button (tell me where I can find it)
- grab my Gift Guide button (tell me where I can find it)
This giveaway is open to residents of USA & CANADA and will end on December 19, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be determined randomly via random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion. I am in no way responsible for shipping of the prize.