Monday, November 8, 2010

*Money Saving Tip* Tuesday #3 - How to get movies for FREE

I still come across a lot of people who pay to rent their movies. I've never rented anything and absolutely don't understand why anyone would pay for that! (Sorry video renting companies)

Many people are still unaware of a FREE unlimited resource called a local LIBRARY. Here's the number one complaint I hear after my suggestion - "There are no new cool movies there, only some old ones". That's actually true, most movies which you will see on the shelves will be the oldies. So how can you get the "new cool blockbuster movies" for free?
Go to your library's website and search for DVD titles in their online catalogue. You'll be surprised that your library carries pretty much everything that's ever been released, including old, new and foreign movies. Here's the trick, because all popular movies are always in someone's hands, you have to request them through the catalogue. You might have to "wait in line", before you get to watch the movie, but considering that it's free, it's a fair deal to me! My library offers 50 FREE requests per card per year, after that they are $0.50 each. Get your spouse to get a card as well and you get 100 free requests ;)

8 comments:

Miss Montez said...

Great tip. I didn't know about the request! Thanks for the follow and I'm following you back! Looking forward to some more great money saving tips!
Emily

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by and following Showcase Sisters! We're following you back as well...hope you have a wonderful week! : )

http://showcasesisters.blogspot.com/

Peaceful Wishing said...

I had no idea about this! Thanks for sharing!

I'm following you back and can't wait to read more from you!

Hafsah @ IceyBooks said...

Hi! I'm a new follower, I just stumbled across your blog. I check out DVD's from the library, but I never put them on hold!
(I would appreciate if you followed back!)
Hafsah @ IceyBooks

Jessica Warrick said...

Hey following you back from the Monday blog hops. thanks for following Punk Rock Momma

The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Hello! I found your blog through FMBT! I am now following you:)

Cindy said...

local library is a GREAT resource!

newest follower #352 from FMBT!

come on over to my place:
http://for-one-another.blogspot.com/

JamericanSpice said...

Great post. This is how I get my movies too. Bonus: I LOVE the library for books!

Post a Comment