Monday, November 1, 2010

*Money Saving Tip* Tuesday #2 - Over use of diapers

Since day one, I've been using disposable diapers with my son. I honestly don't know why I never tried  cloth! When I have a second kid, I'll definitely try cloth diapers.
Believe it or not, I'm actually not spending that much money on diapers. We have a store chain in Western Canada called London Drugs. They allow you to use more than one coupon on one item, as long as the coupons are different and they don't exceed the actual value of the product. Thank you London Drugs for providing me with a lot of "free" diapers! But that's not my tip for this week.

When I was growing up, there was no diapers at all! And somehow no one complained, everyone was happy and kids got potty trained before they hit a year old mark. I've been trying to potty train my son for a while now. I can't say I'm succeeding, but I'm not in a rush. However, I'm not gonna wait until he's 3 to start, like it's suggested in various brochures!

So, what's my tip for today? Let your kid run around the house nude (or in pants if it's cold)! You'll save on diapers and diaper rash creams. The worst that can happen? You might have to clean up a spill or two. Have the potty available, if your kid is without a diaper, he might just sit down and go! If he is wearing a diaper, it's way too hard for him to take it off. He'll also be able to learn that when he pees - it's wet and cold. That should motivate him to use the potty!

I can't wait until I can ditch diapers for good. But my son still pees A LOT during the night. Might not happen for a while...

2 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for following Mommy Time Out

Welcome To My Kitchen said...

Im a new follower from Wednesday Welcome blog hop. Hope to get a follow back. I am searching for bloggers to feature on a Feature Me Fridays post on my blog by submitting a favorite recipe and photo. Contact me for more info.

Post a Comment