Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baggu Review

I ditched plastic bags about two years ago and started using reusable ones. I hate regular plastic bags, they are not sturdy, they are small and they don't break down after you toss them out. I wish Vancouver would follow some of the cities who have done it already and ban plastic bags for good! I also hate grocery stores' reusable bags. They are ugly and they shed on the products you put in them (certain black ones I've had). I also always felt like I was a walking advertisement for these stores and companies which I didn't even support. Thankfully, now there are many other choices for reusable bags!

Review
I wanted a reusable bag I could carry with me everywhere. A bag that was stylish, yet durable and light. Baggu sells a variety of reusable bags and I received an opportunity to review one. I couldn't decide between my usual colors grey and khaki so I decided to go for a completely opposite color. I chose RED! 

Baggu comes in a pouch of the same color for easy storing of the bag. Of course you could just throw it into your purse, but the bag pouch will keep your purse more organized. If you are a neat freak like me, you will love this pouch option. I love that I chose a red Baggu - the color is bright and looks good with anything! I usually wear a grey coat and brown boots (yes, I love boring colors!) and this bag makes my appearance way more interesting :) Another thing I love about the bag is that it has no logos on it but just a small tag that says "Baggu". This bag has long shoulder straps which many of my old bags lacked. I always walk to the store with a stroller and don't have free hands to carry extra bags. For me, Baggu is large enough to fit my groceries (it can carry up to 50lbs). 

While browsing Baggu website, I discovered that they sell pouches with zippers in many different sizes. I've been looking for something like this for a long time now! They would be great to carry a small camera, mp3 player, coupons/store cards, etc. I know what I want for Christmas now :)  

If you can't decide which reusable bags to get, I would absolutely recommend Baggu! They are stylish, durable and eco-friendly.

Interesting Baggu Facts
- Using one Baggu for one year replaces 300 to 700 disposable bags.
- Baggu bags are ethically made in China from 100% ripstop nylon - a super durable long lasting fabric and the pouch is made from scrap fabric.
- To clean - machine wash cold and line dry.
- Baggu company offers a recycling service - send back your expired Baggu and you will get a $1 credit towards a new one!
- Baggu bags can be screen printed on.
- To hold on to your pouch, throw it on the bottom of the bag when you unfold your Baggu.
 - Use it for clothes shopping, a quick trip to the drug store, takeout food or trips to the flea market. Aside from shopping, Baggus are good for travel, books, the gym, gifts, gift wrap, the beach, the trail, the mountains, the city, the country.
- Regular Baggu bags retail for $8 or $6.50ea if you buy 6.
- Shipping to is $5 to US and to $12 to Canada.

Connect with Baggu on Twitter and Facebook.


Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion.

10 comments:

Little Foot said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I am following you back. Cute blog, can't wait to read more!

Blog Traffic Man said...

I am your newest follower and would love a follow back on my blog. Here is the link:

http://blogtrafficman.blogspot.com Thanks so much!! :)

I also have a bloghop website where you can post your blog hops which can be found at

http://www.mybloghop.com

Melissa Jackson said...

I am your newest follower!

I would love a follow back!

www.imlivingthethriftylife.blogspot.com

Thank you!

Penny said...

I'm following you here now!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Deb Chitwood said...

I haven't seen Baggu before, but I use a foldable, reusable bag that's very similar. I love that I can fold it up and carry it in my purse to always have it available. What an awesome concept Baggu and similar products are! I'm your newest follower! http://LivingMontessoriNow.com

Priscilla said...

NEWEST follower threw a blog hop!

http://snackbarreviews.blogspot.com/

Great blog!

2 Kids and a Coupon said...

Following you back. Great site.

www.twokidsandacoupon.com

Amy said...

I own a few of those grocery store reusable bags, but do I ever remember to take them to the store with me? NOPE. I'm a lost cause!

The Adventurer said...

Thanks for following and I am following back. I am getting better at using reusable bags:)

Rachel said...

Great review!

Post a Comment