Monday, October 18, 2010

Clorox Green Works Review

I love that there is now such a wide variety of safer cleaning products. I think the world has finally realized how much we have been harming the planet and ourselves by using harsh chemicals in our every day life.
My son Michael is almost 17 months old now. Needless to say, he knows how to open every cupboard in the house and of course knows how to open bottles. I can't have my eyes on Michael 24/7 and during those seconds when I turn away, he's already pulled something dangerous out. For obvious reasons, I can't afford to have any poisonous products in the house.

I saw a great deal on Green Works products and I took advantage of it. Each bottle was on sale for $1.88 and I had a coupon $5 off 3 bottles. Including all the taxes and discounts it ended up being $0.44 a bottle! I got the Natural Dishwashing Liquid, Toilet Bowl Cleaner & Bathroom Cleaner. I have now had a chance to try all of them out and wanted to share my thoughts with you.

Green Works Bathroom Cleaner
I thoroughly sprayed my filthy bathtub and left it for about 10 minutes. I then used a dish sponge to wipe the tub. The soap scum just lifted off with the sponge. I was pleasantly surprised and definitely satisfied!
In the past, when I've used any kinds of cleaners, I've had to wear gloves, because my hands would dry out and start itching. This time, since the product is natural, I cleaned with my bare hands. I didn't experience any itchiness afterwards, just a tiny bit of the dryness, but it went away fairly soon. The only thing I didn't like is the pretty strong smell.


Green Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner
My toilet always forms a pink ring inside. Not sure what it's from and why it's pink! The directions on this cleaner said to spray just enough to cover the whole toilet bowl. Other toilet bowl cleaners I've used always said to liberally dump half the bottle down the toilet. I left the cleaner in for about 10 minutes and gently scrubbed the walls of the bowl with a toilet brush. The result - a super clean and shiny toilet! I usually clean my toilet with just vinegar and it does a great job, but I think it's necessary to use an actual cleaner once in a while, just to make sure that there's no bacteria growing inside.


Green Works Dishwashing Liquid
The last product I tried was the dishwashing liquid. This one is the most important to me, because it has the most contact with bare hands. I ditched the chemical cleaners a while ago and has been trying out the natural ones. I've found that while they take twice the time to cut the grease, they still do an amazing job on the dishes. The grease timing is something I'm willing to sacrifice for my skin's safety.
I only have two problems with this product - powerful scent & colouring. It's interesting, because I read on their website that colour is something their readers said was important to them in the product. I completely disagree, I say the less chemicals the better. It's not like the colouring is going to make it a stronger cleaning product, it's only there to make it look more interesting.

Overall, I'm definitely impressed with all 3 products and I would like to try more of them. It's a shame that my local store had a limited variety of Green Works, but had an endless variety of chemical cleaners.
I hope that all companies will stop producing chemical cleaners and make the switch to safer products.


Disclosure: 
I did not receive anything from anyone to write this post. I bought the products and shared my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Its always nice to hear reviews of products that are not harmful! Anyways thank you for the follow and I am following you now :)

Erika said...

I love Clorox Greenworks! Thanks for visiting with the Cornucopia Blog Hop - I'm now a follower!
~Erika
http://erikajo.blogspot.com

Post a Comment