Thursday, September 30, 2010

Terrible customer service at Rogers

I am absolutely furious right now! I've been trying to change my cellphone plan to pay-as-you-go for two days now. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? I went to a Rogers office and they informed me that they can't do it there, because they are privately owned. I took their advice and called the Rogers customer service line. I waited once for 20 minutes - no answer. I called again for 20 minutes - no answer. When you have a toddler running around, 20 minutes seem like hours and it's very difficult to stay on the line and make sure that your kid doesn't draw on walls. So I decide to try to do it myself on their website and guess what it told me? "We're having technical difficulties." Seriously? I've been a loyal customer for over 3 years. All I want to do is change my plan, because I'm paying you $55/month for nothing (I barely talk on the phone)!
I know I don't have any readers yet on this blog, but I really felt like venting. I have dozens of stories of how much I hate those customer service phone lines with millions of options and hour hold waits. Maybe someday I'll share them so we can all laugh. Wait, there's nothing to laught about actually. Things like this make me so angry (and I'm a very sweet person who rarely gets angry)!

16 comments:

MelissaAggie98 said...

Thanks so much for the follow! I'm following you now too...have a wonderful weekend!

Self Sagacity said...

Omigosh, I totally understand where you are coming from. I have so many of these moments! People that don't have children or children with them tend to forget how much distraction it is to try and do business with a toddler around. Anyhow, I feel for you. I have been through changing my cellphone "hell" a couple of times this year already. Hang in there, it will all work out in time.

Jen M said...

Thanks for your comment! My husband was on hold with Shaw Cable for 1 HOUR last week. Such wonderful customer service!

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Following you right back, Jen! Good luck with all you do!

Pumpkin Tart said...

Thanks for stopping by and following, I'm following you back!

I know how agitated you can feel after a bad customer service experience. They always say a person tells one friend about a good customer service experience but they will tell 10 friends about a bad experience. So keep telling it!

Tina (Book Couture) said...

Hey! I just stumbled onto your blog via the friday meme, and I had to leave a comment telling you how wonderful I think your blog is! Your design is pretty, and your content is great!

Please keep it up, I've followed you for more. :D

Best Wishes,
●▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬●

Kimberly said...

Sounds familiar! I've hard yelling matches with Rogers many times... they're so frustrating. Most of the time you get transferred a dozen times before your problem is solved. Good luck with that Hun.
I am now following and I'm looking forward to reading how it turns out.
All the best,
Kim

Songberries said...

I'm a new follower, will you follow me?
http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/09/friday-follow-friends.html

Born 2 Be Mom said...

Oh, I agree - can't stand those "customer service" lines! I could easily get started on those as well...

I am now following from the blog hop! Would love for you to stop by and say hello some time :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Kristin
Born 2 Be Mom

Tiffany said...

Hi there! I'm your newest follower. Thanks for the follow. I hope you'll enter my Mommy of the Month Contest for November. You'll get an interview, blog button, and bio on my blog for a month plus a permanent spot in my MOM Wall of Fame.

Get all the details at http://www.youngwifeandmom.com/p/new-mommy-of-month-contest.html

Jenn said...

Hi! Thanks for following! I'm following you back.

Jenn
www.thenewdealdaily.com

Go Long! Go Green! said...

Following you, would love a follow back please! :) Thanks!! PS> Boo on bad customer service! I just hate that!

KBraden said...

I am following you back! Thanks for the follow.

@deharza on twitter said...

I am following you back..
thanks
Deanna

My Baby's Green said...

I am following you back :)
Thanks!
My Baby's Green

Traci66 said...

Thank you for following me. I am now following you too. Happy Friday :o)

Post a Comment